The Shenehon Center for Real Estate works to develop programming to meet the needs of real estate professionals working within both residential and commercial real estate.
Major in Real Estate Studies (B.S.):
- The Shenehon Center for Real Estate works in conjunction with the Bachelor of Science Degree in Real Estate.
- The Bachelor of Science degree in the multidisciplinary field called real estate finds an ideal foundation in a liberal arts education. It provides a quality real estate program with a core in the general functional and operational areas of business. The program is designed to develop students as better citizens able to make responsible decisions benefiting society. Employers prefer to hire students who are knowledgeable of their discipline and operate within a moral and ethical framework of values. Graduates of the program can find employment as mortgage loan officers, appraisers, commercial/investment brokers and property managers.
- CCIM Designation Coursework: A nationally recognized designation program in commercial and investment real estate. The University of St. Thomas and the Minnesota-Dakotas CCIM chapter offer coursework required for this designation. To learn more about the course offerings in Minnesota, visit the CCIM National website.
- Minnesota Real Estate Hall of Fame: Honors leaders in the local real estate community who demonstrate the highest level of ethics, have made significant contributions in their areas of real estate and are recognized as role models in their discipline.
Real Estate Executive Insight Series: Invites speakers from the real estate industry to provide valuable information and discussion about hot topics and current trends. This is a free program and is open to the public.
- Minnesota Real Estate Journal Conferences: Programs bringing together hundreds of developers, owners, brokers, managers, financial planners, lawyers, real estate decision makers and professionals to examine and discuss current and future market trends. These programs are co-sponsored by the Shenehon Center for Real Estate.
- NAIOP University Challenge: An annual competition between university undergraduate real estate departments and clubs from the University of St. Thomas, Marquette University, St. Cloud State University, the University of Wisconsin- Madison and the University of Northern Iowa. This annual event takes place in April and is co-sponsored by the Shenehon Center for Real Estate.
- Real Estate Outlook: An annual half-day conference presented by Integra Realty Resources and the Shenehon Center for Real Estate. This conference brings together local and national experts to discuss the outlook for various areas of real estate in the upcoming year. Profits from this conference help to fund scholarships for students in UST’s graduate and undergraduate real estate programs.
- Affordable Housing Conference: An annual one-day conference bringing together various professionals related to financing, for-profit development, non-profit development, housing authorities, housing officials, housing advocates, economic development officials, property managers, real estate attorneys and elected officials to exchange ideas, network, and learn from one another’s successes.